Friday, February 4, 2011

The Give-A-Show Blog is Back on Hiatus....

...but it will return in the (hopefully) near future, as this blog will be transformed into the Give-A-Show/View-Master Blog! I may have mentioned that I've started collecting View-Master reels, since they fit the basic format of the Give-A-Show (7 slides per reel, like the 7 images per slide strip). Unfortunately, getting these scanned involves a lot more time, since I need to get my brother to scan them for me... but I'm hoping that I'll be able to resume regular posting of videos again in March or April at the latest! With luck, I'll be able to acquire a good transparency scanner of my own, and can step up production of these videos so that it'll be daily uninterrupted postings once again! And believe me, I've been amassing View-Master reels like a madman the past month and a half!

4 comments:

  1. View master slides. I love it!! I remember those from when I was little. (this was many years ago). I had a collection of them like you wouldn't believe. I loved them because they were 3D. It was like being there. Will we be able to see them in 3D on your blog? :) Looking forward to it.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeff... I'm glad you're looking forward to it, but I should admit that I've reconsidered, and I think I'll be starting an all-new blog for the View-Master stuff once I start working on 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon

    Is there a blog now showing your view master stuff at this time? Would like to know if there is. Will it be in 3D? will we need special glasses?

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff, I'm afraid my original plans to start a View-Master blog have fallen by the wayside... I am planning on posting some View-Master videos on my main blog, Random Acts of Geekery, at the rate of one or two a month, hopefully starting in the fall (beginning with repeats of what's already been posted here). The problem is that I haven't been able to get a scanner yet that can handle the transparencies at the size I need... I'm hoping that by this fall, I'll have an appropriate scanner, and will be ready to go with that!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments pertinent to this blog... spam comments will be deleted.